Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Benefit of Using JQuery



I was very interested in the chapter 11 “Enhancing SaaS With JavaScript” of Engineering long-lasting software because JavaScript is my first computer language, but I did not know much information of JavaScript. I cannot even explain difference between Java and JavaScript. However, this chapter talks a lot of information of JavaScript such as history of JavaScript, JavaScript fpr Ruby Programming, The Document Object Model and JQuery, Asynchronous JavaScript And XML (AJAX), and so on. To be honest, I am unfamiliar with those things. However, I have heard the term “JQuery” several times. JQuery is nice for web designer because of following reasons:

  • It is similar to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
  • Cross-browser compatibility
  • Easy to play with the DOM
  • Simplifies AJAX
  • It is free
  • Etc…


As I mentioned above, there are so many benefits by using JQuery. If we can use JQuery, our time will be shorter than using JavaScript. The reason why it provides saving time is that JQuery uses CSS. Moreover, people who know CSS can make an application through JQuery. I think that the biggest benefit is Cross-browser compatibility. It can run in all browser, such as from Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2.0, Safari 3, Opera 9, and Google Chrome. Thus, JQuery can run most main browser. It is great opportunity to save time and work effectively.

Percentage of user of JQuery


As I mentioned above, JQuery is one of JavaScript library. Prototype.js, and Mootools are known as other JavaScript libraries. I have never used both of them. However, people tend to use a JQuery because it provides us many benefits as I mentioned.

According to Web Directions, Around 1200 people who are web designers and programmers were asked which library they used. 62.80 % of all people answered “JQuery.” Of course, JQuery was top of that ranking. Second is prototype.js (23.26%), and Third is MooTools (19.04%). As you see the result, most of them uses JQuery. JQuery is one of great JavaScript library and it would provide us great benefit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment