Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Act of War




I strongly remembered that a woman said "we are not American." in the film.






I think that its story was very historical things. In addition, it is also related to problem of race. Hawaii is part of America. it is common sense. Before I came here, I just knew aboutit and temperature is hot. Hawaiian culture is very traditional such as dance, agriculture, music and so forth.





In the beginning of the film, many citizens were arrested by police because they boycotted for destroying. I thought that it was very painful events for them because they just protected the traditional things. people usually want new and convenient things. Those things usually are created by destroying old and traditional things. I thought that it could be helped, but we need to keep traditional things because traditional things are very important for history. moreover, It could be a chance to know how people lived in the past. For example, hula and Hawaiian music tell us how Hawaiian lived in Hawaii. After I watched the film, I felt that keeping traditional things are very important.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to clarify a few of the events in the film for you.

    "many citizens were arrested by police because they boycotted for destroying"
    They weren't boycotting, they were protesting and many protested in illegal ways.

    "it was very painful events for them because they just protected the traditional things"
    Many of the things the Hawaiians in the film were trying to protect weren't "traditional things" but rather what little they had left.

    I definitely agree with you that remembering traditions are important for historical context. We can remember events that happen, but why they happened is important as well.

    ReplyDelete